Hycroft Capital takes a private equity approach to investing in private equity, seeking to invest $50M-$500M (including co-invest), with potential for additional investment over time, as a long-term, value-added minority strategic partner to established private equity managers to help them grow franchise value.
We target firms with established track records of successful performance and fundraising. We focus on mid-sized firms, typically with current vintage funds of $500M-$3B and fee-bearing assets of $5B-$10B, but may selectively invest in larger or smaller firms.
The use of proceeds from our strategic investments is principally aimed at firm-building as our partners seek to establish enduring world-class, multi-asset institutional investment platforms. We believe our partner firms can benefit from the integrated Hycroft platform, including Hycroft Capital and Hycroft Advisors and our broad suite of services across strategic advisory, fundraising, best-practices consulting, debt capital markets advisory and back-office outsourcing services.
The combination of Hycroft Capital and Hycroft Advisors has the potential to create powerful and positive information, capital and service feedback loops among GPs and investors.
Hycroft Capital works closely with General Partners to help them achieve their long-term growth and diversification goals, among other strategic priorities. Like our partner firms, we strive to establish enduring world-class, multi-asset institutional investment platforms. Partner firms can benefit from our deep experience of providing services in strategic advisory, fundraising, best-practices consulting, debt capital markets advisory and back-office outsourcing services. We endeavor to assist our partner firms in achieving goals, including, but not limited to:
- Develop into a world-class and institutional business
- Permanent balance sheet capital for GP commit, investment into the business and opportunistic flexibility
- Growth capital for new asset classes or geographies
- Reset and/or re-align firm equity ownership
- Create new or augment existing incentive pools
- Partial liquidity for founders
- Firmbuilding through partnership with Hycroft in relationship development, capital raising, strategic advice, outsourced back-office services, and best practices implementation